Last updated: December 4, 2019
For the use of Personal Data described herein, Dintero is considered as a controller under applicable data protection law and is responsible for ensuring your rights.
However, for other activities (i.e. when you make a purchase), the third party you interact with will often be a controller. The merchant you purchase goods from will typically be a controller for use of data necessary to manage the purchase, while a payment service provider will be a controller for use of data in order to process the payment.
Personal data we collect
We obtain certain personal information when you choose to use our Sites or Services. The types of information we collect about you:
- Phone number
- Login username and/or password
- Account number
- Social security number/national identity number
- Correspondence with our customer service team
Information we may automatically collect:
- Browser data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, versions of Browser, versions of operating system, device manufacturer and model.
- Purchase history, including your generated revenue, average item purchase cost and detailed information concerning the respective purchases.
- Information relating to discounts
- Usage data, such as time spent on our Sites or Services, links clicked, pages visited, sign in and sign outs etc
We may also collect information about your online activates on websites and connected devices over tie and across third-party websites, devices and apps.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
We use your personal data for various reasons and rely upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that our use of Personal Data is compliant with applicable law.
Categories of data we may process
Legal basis for processing and legitimate interest if relevant
Providing you with our payment checkout service, including managing your user account.
Contact information including mobile phone number, age, login username and/or password, account number.
Necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Providing Payment Service Providers with necessary information to process your transaction.
Contact information, payment card data, social security number/ national identity number, income & debt.
Necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Social security number/ national identity number is processed because there is a legitimate need for unique identification when carrying out a credit rating when credit is requested.
Managing and answering your enquiries
Contact information, correspondence with our customer service team, other data relating to your account.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (assisting you with enquires).
Analyzing, improving and making it easier for you to use our services
Browser and device data, usage data, purchase history
Your consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as described below.
Please note that a withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of our marketing operations before your withdrawal.
Protecting our business and services, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, preventing fraud and breaches of our terms and conditions.
Contact information, technical details, browser and usage data.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (running and protecting our business, preventing misuse of services).
In addition, we may process your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law (i.e. pursuant to financial or accounting regulations or other legal obligations).
How We Disclose Personal Data
Dintero does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. Below are the different scenarios under which we may share your data with third parties.
- Merchants where you make purchase
- Payment Service Providers you choose in Dintero Checkout
- Telephony operators as necessary for sending SMS to verify your phone number.
- Other communications service providers for email or support.
- Third-party service providers or consultants: Dintero engages certain third-party service providers to carry out certain data processing functions on our behalf. These providers are limited to only accessing or using this data to provide services to us and must provide reasonable assurances they will appropriately safeguard the data.
- Sub-processors. We may share Personal Data with sub-processors who assist in providing the Dintero services, like our infrastructure provider, or as necessary to provide optional functionality.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may disclose your or your end users’ personal information to a third party if (i) we reasonably believe that disclosure is compelled by applicable law, regulation, legal process or a government request (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), (ii) to enforce our agreements and policies, (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our services and products, (iv) to protect ourselves, our other customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (v) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose data to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury. If Dintero is required by law to disclose any personal information of you or your end user, we will notify you of the disclosure requirement, unless prohibited by law. Further, we object to requests we do not believe were issued properly.
- Business transfers. If we go through a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, data we gather from you may be part of the assets transferred or shared in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction. Any acquirer or successor of Dintero may continue to process data consistent with this notice.
Dintero does not retain your Personal Data for longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes as described above. However, it may be necessary retain data for longer periods if this is required by legislation to which Dintero is subject.
How We Secure Personal Information
We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We also take measures to ensure service providers that process personal data on our behalf also have appropriate security controls in place.
Ask questions or send complaint
We hope we can resolve any disputes relating to our data protection practices between us.
You can raise your concern or dispute by emailing our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to us at:
You have additional rights to make a complaint to a competent data protection authority or commence proceedings in a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may contact the Norwegian supervisory authority (Datatilsynet) at email@example.com
Phone number: +47 22 39 69 00